Those struggling with addiction often face harsh judgments and stigma. Addiction impacts many Americans, yet it is widely misunderstood in our society. Addiction is a disease, not a moral failing or lack of willpower. Deciding to seek treatment and become sober is a courageous and significant decision. The path to recovery is not easy, but at Harmony Haus in Austin, TX, we have created a safe environment for individuals transitioning from addiction treatment into high-quality sober living to reinforce their new healthy lifestyle. Everyone has a different situation and experience with their addiction, and their recovery journey will reflect that.
At Harmony Haus, we provide many sober living services to meet the needs of each of our members. We offer sober transport and companion services to ensure they get to our facility safely.
What Is Sober Transportation?
According to National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics (NCDAS), 22% of males and 17% of females used illegal drugs or misused prescription drugs within the last year.1 When a person decides to choose recovery, it can be challenging. Transitioning into recovery can be an overwhelming and intimidating process for some people. Change is difficult, and entering a new life phase can be scary. Sober transportation is a sober living service that assists members during their travels into a recovery program. A sober companion accompanies a person to their recovery program. Those in recovery may not be able to travel by themselves to their destination. The period between treatment and recovery is an especially vulnerable stage in the recovery process for many people. Sober transportation and a sober companion ensure that members travel and reach their destination safely and do not put their recovery at risk.
Not everyone can travel by themselves or has someone in their life who can travel with them to a recovery facility. That is why sober living services like sober transportation are crucial. At Harmony Haus, we want to provide the best care and services for all our members and ensure they get the help they need to achieve lifelong sobriety.
The Importance of Sober Transportation Services
Sober transportation services are extremely important and provide many benefits to members. Some of the benefits of sober transportation services are:
- Safety – A sober companion ensures that you or your loved one is protected while traveling and arrives at their destination safely.
- Companionship – Many people easily face challenges when they have someone to support them. Our sober transportation services provide members with a sober companion as they transition to sober living.
- Confidentiality – Sober companions must adhere to a strict confidentiality policy. Recovery is a personal time and journey in a person’s life, and any treatment information about a member is on a need-to-know basis.
- Relapse prevention – The transition between transition and recovery is a particularly vulnerable time in the sobriety journey. Our sober transport services reduce the risk of relapse and help prevent members from falling back into past bad habits.
- Flexibility – We can meet our members wherever it is most convenient for them and travel to our sober living facility.
The recovery journey is not an easy one. However, sober living services like sober transportation and companion services make the process easier and more manageable. Harmony Haus looks to provide the quality care, and support members need to achieve lifelong recovery. Some other services that we offer include:
- Case management and recovery coaching
- Treatment planning and placement
- Legal aid
- Crisis care
- Financial coaching and family services
- Integrate intensives admissions
- LGBTQ support
We are here to help individuals and families in need. Our goal is to provide the resources and support necessary to achieve sobriety and maintain it for a lifetime. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you or your loved one on the road to recovery.
Sober Transport and Companion Services at Harmony Haus in Austin, TX
At Harmony Haus in Austin, TX, sober transport and companion is one of our many sober living services. We provide safe and reliable sober transport to and from meetings, events, and appointments. Harmony Haus also offers a sober companion service when our members need someone to accompany them to an event or function. We aim to help our members maintain their sobriety and live healthy, productive lives.
Our goal is to provide members with the tools and resources they need to succeed in sobriety. Please contact us today if you or someone you know requires sober transport or companion services. We are conveniently located at 4500 Depew Ave in Austin, TX. Contact Harmony Haus at 877.349.1544 to gain more information about sober transportation and our other sober living services.